Using Urban Poles Enhances the Benefits of Walking
Urban poling, also known as Nordic walking, fitness walking, or pole walking, is a low-impact, full-body workout that can be done anywhere you can walk.
- Provides a 25% increase in cardiovascular activity
- Burns 20-46% more calories
- Full body workout using 90% of the body’s muscles
- Urban Poling can be done almost anywhere…sidewalks, parks, hiking trails and indoor tracks
- Provides many more core strengthening benefits than regular walking
- For every mile you walk your abdominal muscles contract ~1800 times
- Makes walking more fun! You can walk faster and further with your poles
- Improves stability, balance and confidence while walking
- Feel more supported by the poles
- Less Pain! Unloads weight and stress off of hips, knees and ankles
- Promotes an upright posture
The Positive Pole Walkers Club
If you are looking for a Pole Walking community, check out our Positive Pole Walkers Club on Facebook and get connected!
How to Order Your Poles
Online Purchasing Service coming soon!
For now, here is our temporary process:
- Make your check out to CHPcommunity for $100 (shipping is included)
- Please be sure to include your shipping address and whether you are ordering 300 Series Fitness Poles or Activator Poles
- Mail your check to Vernon Delpesce (Board Treasurer) at 149 56th Place, West Des Moines, Iowa, 50266
Once we receive your check in the mail, we will make your order and you should receive your poles in 2-3 days.
Questions? Contact us HERE.
If you live in the Des Moines area and need assistance getting started with your poles, let us know! Get a free 30-minute demo.