Using Urban Poles Enhances the Benefits of Walking
Urban poling, also known as Nordic walking, fitness walking, or pole walking, is a low-impact, full-body workout that can be done anywhere you can walk.
- Provides a 25% increase in cardiovascular activity
- Burns 20-46% more calories
- Full body workout using 90% of the body’s muscles
- Urban Poling can be done almost anywhere…sidewalks, parks, hiking trails, and indoor tracks
- Provides many more core strengthening benefits than regular walking
- For every mile you walk your abdominal muscles contract ~1800 times
- Makes walking more fun! You can walk faster and further with your poles
- Improves stability, balance and confidence while walking
- Feel more supported by the poles
- Less Pain! Unloads weight and stress off of hips, knees and ankles
- Promotes an upright posture
Check out these videos about pole walking for more information:
The Positive Pole Walkers Club
If you are looking for a Pole Walking community, check out our Positive Pole Walkers Club on Facebook and get connected! You’ll find great information about pole walking, testimonials, research, and even learn about pole walking meet-ups, events or groups that you can join.
300 Fitness Series Poles
•Built for fitness and engineered for performance, safety and comfort.
•These poles can be enjoyed by people of any age and fitness level.
•You can adjust the intensity by how hard you push down into the handles.
•Ergonomic CoreGrip to support the wrist in a neutral position to reduce strain.
•Wide ledge instead of a strap to reduce the risk of injury.
•Recommended by leading surgeons, physicians and therapists, the evidence-based ACTIVATOR ℗ poles were designed by an occupational therapist & gerontologist specifically for rehab and long-term conditions.
•ACTIVATOR ℗ poles may be beneficial for pre/post hip/knee surgery (upon assessment of a rehab professional), soft tissue injuries, conditions such as Parkinson’s, stroke, MS, chronic pain, cancer rehab, spinal conditions and older adults who may have a fall risk.
•Button locking system for greater weight-bearing capacity – 200 lbs per pole.
•Ergonomic Coregrip designed for core strengthening while reducing strain on wrist (strapless for injury prevention).
•Bell Shape tip for stability.
•3 anti-vibration features to minimize stress on joints.
•Consult your physician or physical therapist to try using the ACTIVATOR™ poles instead of canes, crutches or walkers. CHPcommunity can provide local complimentary fittings and show you how to use them.