- This event has passed.
ACT Raising Safe Kids Program – Virtual
February 2, 2021 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 am
An event every week that begins at 10:00 am on Tuesday, repeating until April 6, 2021
ACT Raising Safe Kids is an educational offering focusing on parents and caregivers of young children (0-8 years). Its purpose is to teach positive parenting skills and practices that help create stable, safe, healthy, nurturing environments and relationships.
In the series of lessons parents and caregivers will gain strategies for:
• Dealing with children’s difficult behaviors using developmentally appropriate responses;
• Controlling their own anger;
• Helping children control their anger;
• Teaching children how to resolve conflicts without using violence;
• Using positive discipline methods that fit the children’s age; and
• Reducing the influence of media violence on children
Tuesdays starting Feb. 2nd through April 6th
To register, go to https://bit.ly/act17233
Cost is $40 – Scholarships are available for Polk County residents to cover the entire cost of the program.
For more information, check out this flyer ACT Flyer (3)
Questions? Contact RaisingSafeKids@iastate.edu or 515-708-0622