What is CARROT?
CARROT is a fun, easy-to-use smartphone app “gamified” to engage participants in physical activity and community wellness by earning rewards and completing personalized challenges.
Coming Soon! The Clive Community Health + Wellness Initiative has created it’s own community program within the app. You will be able to earn rewards from our local businesses and participate in local events, programs, and challenges.
How Does It Work?
- Members of Clive Community will download the FREE CARROT app and register for the Clive Health + Wellness Initiative program!
- The app syncs to the smartphone tracker or wearable device.
- Daily step goals are automatically created based on a participant’s step history.
- Participants earn “virtual currencies” for reaching step goals, engaging in healthy behaviors, and attending wellness events/programs.
- “Virtual currencies” are used to purchase exclusive rewards like coupons and gift cards to local businesses and online storefronts.
- Personalized goals level the playing field, allowing everyone to compete equally.
- CARROT is ADA compliant, allowing wheelchair users to fully participate.
- The app is easy to use, with no passwords or paperwork.
- It is free to download and doesn’t require expensive trackers.
- Local businesses and events are promoted to benefit the entire community.
Clive is adopting the use of CARROT Wellness as part of the Clive Health + Wellness Initiative to promote our focus areas of Eat Well, Move More and Feel Better!
- CARROT motivates even the most sedentary individuals to participate, with 2-out-of-3 starting with a goal of less than 4,500 steps.
- Nearly 85% of CARROT Wellness participants engage in the CARROT app at least once per day.
- After 7 months, CARROT motivates 32% of participants to improve from <5K steps to >5K steps.
- After 12 months, 60% of participants increase their daily steps by 25%, and 20% increase their steps by more than 35%.
Learn more about CARROT Wellness for participants, communities, and employers here.